There’s nothing more amazing than the smell of freshly cooked granola! Here’s a great recipe for a grain-free Paleo granola that’s really easy to make. It’ll take you 20 minutes from start to finish, so well worth a go this evening.
Here’s all you need:
200g ProMix 6: Banana & Belgian Chocolate
1 teaspoon of coconut oil (can use butter if you’re stuck)
1 teaspoon of honey (or agave if you prefer)
BTW: If you’ve got the non-stick silicone baking tray from our Bake-at-Home bars, then use it… it’s ideal for this!
1. Turn oven to 180 degrees / 350 F / Gas Mark 4
2. Put a teaspoon of coconut oil into a cup and put in the microwave for 1 min
3. Measure out 200g of ProMix and mix well with the melted coconut oil and honey
4. Pour into baking tray and pop into oven. Stir well after 7 mins
5. Check after another 5 mins… careful, can burn quickly so keep an eye on it!
6. Leave to cool, and then store in an airtight container (keeps for quite a while!)
I usually serve it with natural yogurt and berries, or sometimes just as a cereal with milk!
1. These ProMixes will also work:
– ProMix 2: Organic African Mango
– ProMix 5: Organic Persian Mulberry & Belgian Chocolate
– ProMix 9: Low Carb Toasted Pecan
Goji berries, Barberries and Freeze Dried Fruits (Strawberry, Raspberry, Pomegranate, Cherry) don’t roast well and will spoil the taste. Could just pick out the Goji Berries and Barberries easily enough if you like but the freeze dried fruits would be a lot harder to pick out!
2. Can leave out the honey or the coconut oil if you like. Doesn’t taste quite as good, but will still work.
3. Want to make more? No prob – just double the batch size and make sure to stir it really well while baking.
4. “But Chocolate isn’t Paleo!”… use ProMixes 2 or 9 instead.