Author Roz Purcell listed our Hazelnut & Cocoa nut butter as one of her “pancake essentials”! Here’s her great recipe for oat crepes, which is both satisfying and simple!
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
50g oats (gluten-free if you like)
2 tbsp. milk (dairy or otherwise)
1 1/2 tbsp. yoghurt (greek, or otherwise)
1 tsp. honey or maple syrup
1 tsp. coconut oil, for frying
Hazelnut & Cocoa nut butter
Sliced bananas to serve (optional)
1. Blend all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor until a smooth, thin batter forms.
2. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat.
3. Pour in one-third of the batter and spread it evenly over the base by tilting the pan or by using the back of a spoon. Immediately reduce the heat to low and cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles start to appear on top and the edges begin to lift up from the base of the pan.
4. Flip the crêpe over and cook for 1 minute more, until golden brown.
Repeat with the remaining batter, making sure you always start off with a high heat and then reduce it as soon as you pour in the batter so that the crêpes all cook evenly.
5. Serve warm with a little Hazelnut & Cocoa nut butter and sliced bananas.
Bonus recipe!!! Check out this great recipe for Protein Pancakes…