Lean Indian Curry
Ingredients (2-3 Servings):
1 x tbsp Coconut Oil
1 x onion, finely chopped
1 x garlic, crushed
1 x small chunk of ginger, grated
1/2 x red chilli, finely chopped (optional!)
2 x tbsp Chilli & Smoked Paprika Nut butter
2 x tbsps curry powder
1/2 x red pepper, chopped
1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
1 x refill tube of Mango ProMix (or Chilli Picante if you’re stuck)
2 x chicken breasts, diced (or prawns or chickpeas)
1/2 x lemon, squeezed
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and soften for a few minutes, and then add the garlic, chilli and ginger.
2. Add the nut butter and curry powder with a few tablespoons of boiling water (1 refill tube) and stir well to combine.
3. Add the tin of tomatoes, chopped pepper and Mango ProMix and bring almost to a boil.
4. Throw in the chicken and bring to a simmer to poach it in the sauce for 10-15 minutes (until cooked through). Meanwhile, squeeze half a lemon and throw it in too.
5. Serve with rice, quinoa or naan bread.
The great thing about this curry is that easy to make, delicious and guilt free – it’s not rammed full of oils, cream etc.
PS: Want to know where to find all of our healthy recipes in one place? Scroll down to the very bottom of any page – you’ll see a link to “Recipes” in the footer.