Hazelnut & Cocoa Cheesecake
Okay so there’s no cheese! Lashings of Hazelnut & Cocoa in a dessert is always going to be a winner though 🙂
This is our vegan version of a cheesecake made using cashews and nut butter to make a creamy topping for our Lotus Biscuit base. Yum.
Real simple to make and healthyish… we all deserve a treat now and again.
For the base:
- 300g Lotus Biscuits Crushed
- 75g Coconut Oil
For the filling:
- 300g raw cashews, soaked overnight in water and rinsed before blitzing
- 200g Wyldsson Hazelnut & Cocoa Nut Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 160ml Water
- Place the biscuits in a bag, using a rolling pin crush the biscuits into crumbs
- Place the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted to a liquid
- Add the coconut oil to the biscuit crumbs and mix well
- Press the biscuits base into the bottom of desired pan and set aside
- In a food processor blend together the cashews, maple syrup, water and Hazelnut & Cocoa nut butter until smooth.
- Pour the mix onto the base and place in the fridge for 6 hours until set.
- Sprinkle with peanut & chocolate ProMix to decorate.