10 Vegan Snack Ideas UK
Being a vegan can be tough some times. We made this list to help with all your vegan snack needs! (recipes included).
#1 Sliced apple with almond butter
Probably the simplest snack in this list. Almond butter+sliced apple=DONE
#2 Flapjack bar
Flapjacks are great. Take the hassle out of making them by trying out our bake at home bars. Real easy to make. For a Vegan version, just leave out the egg and put in a tablespoon of coconut oil instead.
#3 Trail mix with fruit and Dairy free Yoghurt
#4 Carrot Batons with dip
STEP 1: Livestrong.com have a nice tutorial on how to do carrot batons [or sticks now that the olympics is over 😉 ].
#5 Dates stuffed with Vegan Almond butter
1) Slice down the middle of the date and remove the pit.
2) Spoon some almond butter into a bowl. Add a generous amount of cinnamon and a sprinkle of sea salt.
3) Mix together the almond butter, cinnamon and sea salt.
4) Add a little of this mix to a split open date. DONE.
#6 Vegan Nutella on Brown Bread
One of the hardest things for Vegans is to find a good Nutella substitute (it contains milk). Fortunately we’ve got you covered with our Vegan Nutella spread .
#7 Green Smoothie
Nothing beats a smoothie for a healthy snack when time is tight.
- 200g ProMix 1: Organic Persian Mulberry
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of agave (or maple syrup if you prefer)
1. Turn oven to 180 degrees / 350 F / Gas Mark 4
2. Put a teaspoon of coconut oil into a cup and put in the microwave for 1 min
3. Measure out 200g of ProMix and mix well with the melted coconut oil and agave syrup
4. Pour into baking tray and pop into oven. Stir well after 7 mins
5. Check after another 5 mins… careful, can burn quickly so keep an eye on it!
6. Leave to cool, and then store in an airtight container (keeps for quite a while!)
#9 Ants on a Log
The classic ants on a log is to put nut butter and raisins on a celery stick as below.
#10 Nut butter bites (The Perfect Vegan Snack)
You will need:
-One ripe banana
– 3 tablespoons of nut butter (Nutella if you like!)
1. Mash the banana with a fork
2. Add some nut butter and mix well (roughly equal parts banana and nut butter)
3. Spoon into the tray
4. Pop into the freezer (takes about 2 hours)