10 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast, as the saying goes, is the most important meal of the day. But when you’re a coeliac or gluten intolerant, it can be tricky thing to figure out what gluten free options you have.
Here’s our top ten picks:
1) Gluten Free Muesli
A simple fix for breakfast. All you need is some milk or yoghurt to mix and you’re sorted!
Ok, so yeah.. here’s the thing about oats – they DON’T contain gluten, but they generally get contaminated with bits of wheat and other gluten containing grains during growing and milling. So you have to really make sure that the manufacturer uses gluten free oats, which are very are carefully farmed to ensure there is no contamination with other grains throughout growing and milling.
BTW – we ONLY use gluten free oats and so our our Promix 7 Muesli is gluten free. Worth a look in our opinion 😉
2) Gluten Free Granola
Lots of supermarket granola’s are high in sugar and other junk, so be careful. (check out this great article “Why your granola is really a dessert?“). That said, we think that there’s always a place for granola – it’s really nice change.
In case you’re interested, we actually made a cheeky recipe for Gluten Free Paleo Granola:
- 200g ProMix 1: Organic Persian Mulberry
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of agave (or maple syrup if you prefer)
1. Turn oven to 180 degrees / 350 F / Gas Mark 4
2. Put a teaspoon of coconut oil into a cup and put in the microwave for 1 min
3. Measure out 200g of ProMix and mix well with the melted coconut oil and agave syrup
4. Pour into baking tray and pop into oven. Stir well after 7 mins
5. Check after another 5 mins… careful, can burn quickly so keep an eye on it!
6. Leave to cool, and then store in an airtight container (keeps for quite a while!)
3) Gluten Free Overnight Oats
This seems to be all the rage at the moment. The only problem is that it does take a bit of hassle hunting down all the ingredients and mixing them yuorself. Fortunately we’ve come up with a convenient Gluten Free Overnights Oats package to cut out all the faffing around.
4) Gluten Free Porridge
5) Breakfast Bars
What if cereal is just too much for you in the morning time? Sometimes a bar that you can grab is the perfect way to go. Check out our range of Gluten Free Bake-at-home bars, which are healthy, delicious and easy to make. We have loads of different flavours from lemon and poppy to berry and even coffee mix!
6) Greek Yoghurt with Nuts, Seeds and Berries
So what makes Greek Yogurt special is that it’s higher in protein than normal yogurt, and so keeps you going for longer. Mix in some fresh berries and top it off with some Promix to have yourself a sumptuous breakfast meal.
Smoothies make a great change, particularly when you’re in a rush and want to grab something to take with you!
One of our favourites recipes:
8) Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread on Pancakes
9) Gluten Free Porridge Bread
You’ve heard of porridge, but what about porridge BREAD?
We’ll demystify things for you- here’s what you’ll need:
-A pinch of salt (optional)
What to do:
1. Mix it all together
2. Bang it in the oven for 50 mins at 180 degrees
3. Take it out of the mould and bake for another 10 mins and you’re DONE
10) Almond Butter, Fruit and Nut Parfait
This layered parfait is the perfect on-the-run treat. Chopped roasted almonds, strawberries, grapes, almond butter and natural yoghurt= breakfast paradise.